Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ship Shape

So this week I've been recovering from my sinus infection but I was able to shoot my roll of film and package the UWS for shipping.
First, I left my mark!

I used a gold permanent pen to put my initials and city. This idea was suggested by another Traveling Toy Camera Project (TTCP) team member which I think is really great.
Next I prepared a box to act as the house for the camera. I placed the camera into a freezer bag - to hopefully protect it if the package gets wet and I reused some packing material to buffer the camera in the box.

I wrote a message for the team members who will receive the camera with the "rules". I'm hoping that the box and packing materials will be able to be reused over and over to try and be green.

Then I wrapped the camera in the box up in brown paper. I can't wait to get this off to Vancouver, BC to the first person on the tour!
My images will be coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of reusing them, they'll show such amazing wear and tear eventually and if it starts getting covered in stickers and stamps etc it'll become a piece of art in itself, maybe everyone should take a photo of the box as well!

    ReplyDelete